Why Join Us?
The German School of the East Bay (GSEB) is a non-profit organization that has been teaching German language and culture to students of all ages for over fifty years. The school offers beginning to advanced language instruction in a diverse, exciting, challenging and nurturing environment.
Come join us to participate in a long-standing tradition of supporting students in the learning of German language and culture!
We are located at 1699 Excelsior Avenue, Oakland, 94602, with classes offered Saturdays from 9:30 am – 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm – 3:30 pm.
The GSEB is looking for a part-time Testing Coordinator to oversee the effective implementation of tests sponsored by the German government and US organizations (AATG, College Board). Key responsibilities include acting as the school’s point of contact with testing organizations, scheduling and coordinating testing sessions, and communicating testing information and results to parents, teachers and the GSEB Board. The position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills, outstanding organization and prioritization, and the ability to work independently. It reports to the Head Teacher.
- Liaison with testing organizations
- Schedule testing sessions with testing organizations and teachers
- Register students for tests
- Set testing venues
- Arrange testing logistics including the ordering and provisioning of testing supplies and materials
- In association with volunteer coordinators, recruit and schedule testing proctors
- Communicate testing dates, locations and results to parents and students
- Provide results summaries and feedback to teachers and the GSEB Board
- Administer the generation and distribution of testing certificates
- Assist with the organization of testing award ceremonies (invitations and RSVP compilation)
- Maintain a database of students’ past, current and anticipated future test levels and results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organization and prioritization skills
- Strong aptitude to work independently and in a self-directed manner
- Attention to detail
- Ability to accommodate variable workloads with busier periods of activity being the months of December, January, March, and May
- Good knowledge of basic software applications (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and email)
- Working knowledge of administrative office procedures and practices
How to Apply?
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.